Did you know that February is Adopt a Rescued Rabbit Month?! We are so excited to tell you our top reasons why rabbits can make wonderful pets!
1. Are you hoping to find a social pet who loves being a part of your family, but doesn't need to be taken outside for walks and potty breaks? Rabbits LOVE to be involved in your day-to-day life!
2. "But cats are like that, too, and they can be litter box trained..." So can rabbits! Plus, a lot of people who are allergic to cats and dogs are not allergic to rabbits!
3. As herbivores, rabbits mesh well with vegetarian and vegan lifestyles. Generally speaking, though, having a pet who encourages you to stock your fridge with fruits and vegetables is good for everybody — vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Feeding a rabbit properly can definitely help to encourage you to eat a variety of healthy foods, too!
4. Bunnies are quiet. If you live in an apartment or condo, neighbors will definitely not complain about any noises your bunny make make, they certainly don't bark! ;) They're a great fit for an urban lifestyle.
5. Rabbits don't need a ton of space. Of course, we are not referring to a mini box where it can barely move, but they are often quite happy in a singular room or an x-pen. Again, great for the urban lifestyle!
6. Rabbits love to be clean, in this, they look a bit like cats, as they are constantly grooming themselves. Interestingly, these animals are organized even in their own space, constantly organizing their own belongings (their toys, of course). Which is excellent for their owner and for the home. A negative aspect of them is the excess fur of rabbits. They lose plenty of hair and to avoid knots, you have to brush their fur constantly.
* We have some wonderful bonded pairs currently available for adoption, we have some bachelors/bachelorettes that prefer their solitude from rabbits but love human company, and we have single rabbits looking for the love of their life that can be bonded with your current bunny. Browse our available bun-buns on our Critters page under "Our Animals", and give us a call at 206 557 4661 to ask us about our adoptable bunnies and find one, or a pair, that would be a great fit for your home!
Categories: bunnies, rabbits, adopt don't shop
Posted: February 10, 2022